What's This All About?

12:24


Hey guys, my name's Mercedes and I am currently a university student training to be a midwife (bet you haven't heard of too many people doing that). With very few days off from placement and university, all I want to do when I am free is stay in bed and watch YouTube videos, binge on Netflix series or just generally veg out and do nothing. As fun as this is, it can get a little boring at times (when I've run out of morning routines or GRWM's to watch) so I thought why not start a blog so I can still spend hours on the internet but actually do something a little productive. I'm far too camera shy (and dull) to start my own YouTube channel so figured that this was the next best way to express myself and talk about things I'm interested in, if not for anyone else, because I don't anticipate anyone actually reading my posts, but just for myself to look back on one day and probably laugh at how ridiculous I sound! Oh well, if you can't make fun of yourself now and then what's the point? Hi 30 year old Mercedes, I'm sure you're already thoroughly embarrassed!

I like make up but I'm not that good at it and not very experimental either, despite watching an infinite number of YouTube tutorials by some of my favourites, Lauren Curtis, Aspyn Ovard, GlamLifeGuru and MakeupByTiffanyD to name a few. I prefer a natural, minimal look most days and only add eyeliner and a basic eye shadow colour if I'm going out somewhere nice. So there won't be a lot of that type of stuff on here because I rarely do anything different and it is quite boring to be honest with you. I will post any new products I like if I'm feeling especially adventurous and decide to stray away from my usual favourites. If I do post about make up it will most likely be to do with lipsticks because I am a lipstick addict! A bold lip colour is as wild as I will go with my make up! I won't even go into hair because I have the thinnest hair ever that is just impossible to do anything with, although I've been told by girls with thick, frizzy hair that I'm lucky to be able to just roll out of bed and brush it through and be done with it, can't complain too much I guess. But aside from having my hair in a messy bun which makes me look like a boy because my hair has no texture so is slicked back, flat against my scalp for placement, I just wear my hair down with a middle parting and I will very occasionally decide to curl my usually stick straight hair if I'm trying to make some sort of effort with it. If I want it styled I don't even bother trying myself because I am absolutely hopeless at hair and so my housemates are honored with the task of trying to do it, and for someone who can't even plait my own hair, apparently I'm very fussy! (Sorry guys). 

I'm not very artistic or crafty so there won't be a lot, if any, of that type of thing on here either. Mainly it will be about random things I've been liking, e.g clothing, shops, music, TV shows and posts about special occasions or just my life in general, as boring as it is! I hope to find more time to read books, or at least listen to audiobooks as I'm subscribed to Audible, so maybe I will eventually do some posts about authors and books I've been enjoying and would recommend.  

I've just written this as though there's someone actually reading this, which I know is not very likely, and feel totally ridiculous but I guess it's something I'll just have to get used to. Shouldn't take much because I'm usually rambling to myself about a load of nonsense anyway! On the off chance that there is someone reading this, I hope you've had a wonderful day and visit again to check out whatever posts I may write in the future

Talk soon,
Mercedes x

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Total Pageviews

Gadgets By Spice Up Your Blog