Drugstore Essentials, New Accessories and Lush Treats!

10:00


I had a rare day off from my new placement and decided I would venture into town to pick up some essentials I had run out of and I also got myself a few treats!

Firstly, something not so interesting. I've been really enjoying the Colgate Max White One range recently. I usually use the Optic version of the toothpaste but as it wasn't on offer this time and I wasn't prepared to pay £4.50 for a tube of toothpaste, so I picked up the standard one instead. I like the cool mint flavour of the mouthwash but if you keep it in your mouth for too long it can burn as it's fairly strong! I haven't noticed an extreme difference in the colour of my teeth but they have become more white, to an extent, since I started using this range.
If you read my skincare routine post then you'll know that these face wipes are my favourite and are about the only ones I can use on my face. I use one at the end of every day to take off my makeup and remove all the dirt from the day. They're so gentle and I love the subtle and fresh scent of them too. 
The Maybelline Creamy Mattes have finally come to the UK! As two of these lipsticks were mentioned in my Top Ten Lipsticks For Autumn/Fall post it's no surprise that I was very excited to see this collection in my local drugstore. The range is quite limited in its colours and not all of them are shades I'd reach for this season, but I picked up Divine Wine, a lovely deep red colour. As far as I can remember from what I saw whilst in Canada last Christmas, none of the colours in the UK are the same as what they had available there but fingers crossed they'll bring out more shades over time. 
Being on placement and doing 12.5 hour shifts calls for relaxing baths on your days off and what better way to make them more exciting and luxurious than with a Lush bath bomb? After seeing the new ones all over social media with their beautiful bold colours all swirling around in the bath I had to grab The Experimenter as soon as I saw it. I'm not completely sold on the smell but maybe it will smell better once it's in the bath.





I've recently only just gotten into using eye shadow and have seen a lot of people raving about the Maybelline Colour Tattoos. As I'm very inexperienced and hopeless at doing my eyeshadow, the ease of these eyeshadow creams are what drew me in (that and the fact that Maybelline products were buy one get one half price at Superdrug and I'd already put the lipstick in my basket). This "On and On Bronze" shade is really pretty for the Autumn time and really brings out the green of my eyes.
I never usually wear jewelry on a daily basis apart from my Pandora bracelet and a ring my cousin gave me a few years ago, but I thought it was time to start buying some. These pieces from Primark were the perfect place to start as they're very cheap and cheerful!
As a lot of my clothes are pretty basic, plain pieces so I thought I would jump on the pendent necklace band wagon to liven up my outfits a little. I used to only stick to silver but I'm into gold pieces these days as they look that bit more sophisticated in my opinion. This double-layered necklace is simple but pretty and dresses up my boring clothes!
With wrists on the slightly skinny side, I tend to steer clear of cuffed bracelets as they usually just slip right off, but this set of three are open so I can pinch the ends to make them smaller. They look great on their own or put on all at once.
Herbal Essences are my favourite brand of hair care products at the drug store. They have so many different ranges for the various needs and they all smell amazing! I don't have any particular specific need for my hair, it's not dry or overly split so I stick to the Moroccan My Shine because it smells so lovely and really does add  lot of shine.
 I can never go into Lush and get just one bath bomb, it's a serious problem and I always spend way too much money than I can justify! Intergalactic is another one I've seen a lot of and it looks so pretty with all the colours mixing in the bath. It has peppermint oil in it so the mint scent will be perfect to use in these colder months to decongest my sinuses.
These Nip+Fab Glycolic Fix Daily Cleansing Pads are probably my favourite skincare product ever! For a more detailed description and my thoughts on these check out my Skincare Routine post. I've never used anything with such immediate and lasting results so as I'm nearing the end of my first pot of them I had to buy another lot as I can't go without them now!
I love wearing dresses no matter what the season and it's a running joke that I'm not ever allowed to buy anymore dresses in my life because I have a whole wardrobe full! In the colder months I particularly like wearing checked dresses with boots and opaque black tights are a must to keep my legs toasty. I'm always ripping and losing them so £3 for 3 pairs from Primark is perfect for me.
I know there's some theories about dry shampoo drying out your scalp and causing bad dandruff but I only use it in desperate times when I really can't be bothered to wash my hair or when I'm trying to prolong my curls. Batiste is always on offer and works great on my hair to keep it looking fresh on those greasy hair days! This Eden scent smells lovely and fresh with a hint of sweet melon.

I'm on the lookout for some new boots and jumpers so look out for a clothing haul!

Talk soon, 
Mercedes

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Total Pageviews

Gadgets By Spice Up Your Blog