Review: BeautyBlender® BlenderCleanser® Solid

12:30

Hey guys! 
So today I thought I'd do a quick review of BeautyBlender's BlenderCleanser® Solid as it's something I've been using for a little while now and also something that a lot of people are hesitant to purchase because of the price.
If you've been debating whether to get this cleanser or not, I hope this post helps you make a decision and if you haven't then I hope you enjoy reading it anyway!

Whilst the BeautyBlender® company markets this cleanser as one specific for the beautyblender® itself, I've also found it's excellent at cleaning all of my brushes. They say that it "supports the integrity of the blender and removes excess residue and germs for a clean makeup application" and it does exactly what it says on the tin! As the beautyblender® is made from such a unique material it can be hard to find a brush cleanser that really cleans all the remnants of make up off, but this one leaves your sponge spotless after cleaning. I like the idea of the solid bar rather than the liquid blendercleanser® because firstly it's great for travel, secondly it's a lot less messy, and thirdly I find it's easier to use as you can just swirl your sponge or brushes around the bar and rinse the make up that may collect on the bar off once you're done.
It comes in a handy little case that is not too bulky, again making it travel friendly, and it also has a little grid in it to allow for better and hygienic drying of the cleanser. They also suggest on their website that you can even use this grid as a tool to scrub your brushes on for a deeper clean.

I find that it has a very subtle scent that reminds me of lavender (I could be wrong), which I quite like. However, if this scent isn't your cup of tea, have no fear because it doesn't linger on the brushes you've cleaned, it only really smells whist you're physically washing them and it's not very strong at all. It's made without parabens, sulfates or Phthalates which makes it even better!

As I said, I've been using this for a while now (probably about a year) after I received it in my Birchbox along with the beautyblender® itself. Considering the box is only £10 a month I was really happy to have received this as the set alone retails on their site for £26! In fact I was so pleased with it that I repurchased the same box so I could have a back up!

If, like me, you're from the UK, here's a few places you can find it (Link included, click on store name):

BeautyBlender® UK Blender and Full Size BlenderCleanser® Solid - £26

BeautyBlender® UK BlenderCleanser® - £14.00

Birchbox BeautyBlender® and Mini BlenderCleanser® Solid - £26

Selfridges BlenderCleanser® Solid - £13 (Full size)

Amazon UK - £12.84 with free P+P (Full size, sold by BeautyBlender via Amazon UK)

AllBeauty.com BeautyBlender® and Mini BlenderCleanser® Solid - £15.95 SALE!! (Usually £26 so hurry!)

Although it sounds like quite a lot of money for what seems like just a bar of soap, it's well worth it because I truly haven't found anything that cleans my beautyblender® and brushes as well as this does. It leaves them feeling soft and as good as new. The fact that it works so well on all brushes also means that you do not have to splash out on one cleanser for your beautyblender® and another for your brushes. It will last you for at least a few months (depending on how often you clean your brushes) meaning you won't need to repurchase it very often either.
If you're interested but not entirely convinced then I would definitely suggest purchasing the blender and cleanser together as it's a really good deal and means you can have a back up beauty blender as well as a generous sized "mini" cleanser (although it doesn't come in the little compact packaging with the grid).

Hope this has helped you make your mind up as whether to purchase this or not or introduced some of you to a product you hadn't heard of or had interest in before!

Talk soon,
Mercedes



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Total Pageviews

Gadgets By Spice Up Your Blog