Primark Haul

07:54

Since becoming a student and moving away to university, I've found myself going to Primark a lot more than before (which was virtually never) and I choose it over other shops for more basic and casual items. Mainly because I now have to spend my own money and not my Dad's and it's extremely affordable on my measly student budget. I rarely shopped in Primark before because firstly, my closest one was a half an hour drive away, and secondly, whenever I did make the trip there I was often put off by the mountains of clothes strewn across the floor and the general chaos of it all! The one near me now, however, is generally tidy most of the time, it's fairly big with two floors of bargain goodness and it's also a 10 minute walk from my house (which can be a bad thing on my purse when I'm bored on a day off).

I've fallen in love with their pyjama sets which I'd never noticed until a few months or so ago so I'm not sure if they were around or not before. It's lead to an unhealthy obsession where every time I go to town I find myself there hunting for any new designs they might have because they're just so cute and comfy! I can't forget to mention how cheap they are, the tops are £3.50 and the shorts £4 or thereabouts, some of the designs may vary in price slightly but £7.50 for a pj set is definitely a steal. I have all cami tops and shorts sets, except one long trouser set, which were perfect for keeping me cool in the 2 weeks of hot summer weather we experienced here in England.

I like that the tops have adjustable straps because I have annoyingly narrow shoulders which means that unless I have the option to tighten the straps, I usually have to steer clear of cami/vest type tops to avoid constantly flashing at my housemates every time the straps fall down! Most of them also have what they call a "hidden support" in them which is just a bit of material around the inside of the bust area with a bit of elastic at the bottom. For someone like me with a very flat chest, this doesn't make too much difference, but I'm assuming that for those ladies fortunate enough to actually have boobs, it's a nice addition to hold the girls in at night.

As far as I'm aware, the sets come in various different designs which they keep adding to, further fuelling my addiction, and each set has a cami top or t-shirt style option and "cheeky" shorts or trousers. Apart from the first set I bought back in March some time, I bought shorts to go with mine, thankfully I wasn't crazy enough to buy both the trousers and the shorts! The shorts are quite flattering as they're not overly long and baggy but they don't expose your behind at the same time as being comfortable.

Another obsession I have is shopping for underwear. Sorry if this is a bit too up close and personal but I thought I'd share nonetheless. There's just something about buying new undies that I love and having cute and sexy ones on even if no one is going to see them, makes me feel good. I'm not sure if anyone understands what I'm saying or feels the same or if I'm just coming across as extremely odd!

I generally stick to the "Brazilian" style because they are a bit more sexy looking than the standard "bikini" brief style without giving you the permanent wedgie like a thong. But that's just my opinion for what I think best suits my body type/figure.


Here's my collection of Primark PJ's so far, no doubt I will be making a trip there for more very soon as I had my eye on some new designs and colours they had out last time I went but weren't in my size, and my most recent underwear purchases (I know there's a bit of a pink theme going on).

Talk soon,
Mercedes









My only long ones (they are full length
trousers, I had to fold them so they would fit in the frame)
I was lusting after these elephant shorts
for weeks and went in day after day hoping
they'd have my size! I'd all but given up
until one day I got a text from one of my
housemates while I was at work saying
she'd picked me up the last pair in  my size!
This is my most recent set I picked up  when
I spotted the new prints they had. There's no
lace trim on this set and the top is a bit more
baggy towards the bottom compared to the
others but it's still very comfy and the little
pocket at the top is so cute!



I couldn't see any matching tops for this one,
I'm not sure if there is one and my branch
didn't have it available but the plain white
cami goes nicely with this print.


Up close the stripes look a very light blush/
pink colour but I'm unsure if they actually
are or if they're cream. It did spark a brief
debate in the household but either
 way they're adorable!


The lace detail around the edge is so
cute and girly!



You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Wow you went all out! The PJ's are so cute!

    Neelam // www.neelamjayna.blogspot.co.uk x

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews

Gadgets By Spice Up Your Blog