Top Ten Lipsticks for Autumn/Fall

10:00


I'm definitely a self-professed lipstick addict and Autumn/Fall has got to be my favourite season for lipsticks. I only really got into wearing lipstick about a year ago and last year was the first time I braved the bold lip colours and there was no turning back! I'm one to go for a natural make up look pretty much every day, even on special occasions, but last year I thought it would be fun to try out something a little bit more daring and finally plucked up the confidence to wear a dark colour on my lips out in public and not just around the house. I loved it so much that I had to restrain myself from wearing them as the darker lip transitioned out when Spring came around. A bold lip is such an easy way to add a little something to simple make up looks but they can be a bit of a pain to maintain throughout the day if they're especially dark. 

This colour isn't really a dark lip but the nude-pink colour of it makes it perfect when transitioning from the brighter colours of summer. It is definitely a more everyday colour compared to some of the others I'm going to talk about and lasts a long time throughout the day. NARS describe it as an antique rose colour and I love the formula of it; it's so creamy yet still pigmented. Their packaging is always on point and the magnetised lid is something I wish all lipsticks had. 

I bought this lipstick while I was in Canada over the Christmas time after seeing a few YouTubers raving about this line. As far as I know they're not available in the UK yet but I remember seeing them advertised somewhere so I assume they're going to be coming here soon. Similarly to the NARS one, this lipstick isn't a bold colour, it is more of a nude but it is more brown toned compared to the last one. As a lot of reviews say, this formula is so nice! It's creamy even though it's a matte lipstick and doesn't dry out your lips at all. It's pigmented and has great staying power.

Another nude matte lipstick that is much more brown than the Maybelline one. This is a lipstick that Jaclyn Hill came up with in collaboration with Gerard Cosmetics back last year and I had to order it immediately as the "Kylie Jenner" lip and 90's trend was going around. I'm always impressed with the service from Gerard Cosmetics as an international buyer. The delivery is fairly quick and there's always deals on that offer free worldwide shipping and discounts off of their products. Great formula and easy to apply. Their gold packaging makes it look so classy and sophisticated!

I think this is the first product I've ever owned from Aveda and I really like it. Some people may be put off by the mint in this lipstick but I quite like the subtle tingling sensation. Weirdly I don't find that it smells like mint but more like cinnamon, though that may just be my strange sense of smell! It's a pretty berry-brown type colour with a bit of shimmer. Although it's a sheer lipstick is still has amazing pigmentation and feels really nice on the lips.

The lipsticks in the ColorSensational range are known for their incredible pigmentation and this shade is no exception. It's a pretty purple-berry colour and one that you can build up from a subtle wash of colour to a deeper shade. Again, this lipstick lasts really well and glides onto your lips so easily. 

This is another one that I picked up whilst I was in Canada. Although it's quite a bright colour, I still like it for the Autumn/Fall time because it's more of a berry-pink rather than a bright, hot pink that you'd usually wear in summer. It's a very bold, bright colour and so you have to be careful when putting it on that you don't end up with smudges around your lip line!

I'm starting off the bolder colours with this shade. It's a cherry red colour with amazing pigmentation and lasts such a long time. I would use a lip liner if you have one because it's such a bright colour that it can bleed out of the lip line easily. As it's quite dark you do have to spend a bit more time putting it on than you do with the other lipsticks I've mentioned. This was one of the first really dark colours I purchased and I picked it up because it was quite cheap and I didn't want to pay a lot of money on something I wasn't sure I'd use. Even though it's so inexpensive it's still a great lipstick formula.

This was another purchase I made after seeing a lot of people talking about the range. I initially bought the shade Cranberry from this collection which is probably my favourite but I couldn't include it as I've lost it. This is still a lovely colour though! It's a red with a bit of a pink/berry undertone as opposed to being a true  blue-toned red. The fact that these are in a pencil/crayon form makes them so easy to put on even though it's such a dark colour as you can literally just draw it around your lip line and then fill it in. Even though it's marketed as a matte colour I wouldn't say it's a true matte as it does leave a little bit of a sheen. Again, very creamy for a matte lipstick and the colour will last all day.

Unfortunately I can't seem to find it on the drugstore websites so I'm not sure if this shade has been discontinued but I did include an amazon link I found. This is one of my favourite lipsticks of all time! It's a very deep, burgandy red that makes you stand out from miles away. As it's so dark it's probably best to use a lip brush to apply it because once it's on your skin it stains it, which I found out the hard way! This isn't a matte formula but I like to blot my lips on a tissue when I apply this to get any extra off and this also makes it more of a matte lipstick. 

This is the most daring colour I think I've ever seen and I'm not sure you can get much darker than this except for black! As the name suggests, this is an extremely vampy colour that's an almost-black purple shade. As with the last one, I would definitely suggest using a lip brush and taking your time when putting this on. Going around your lips with a thin layer of concealer after you've applied the lipstick will clean up any smudges around the edge. This lipstick is quite hard to maintain and so you have to keep it handy to reapply and avoid having patchy lips. If you're going to be eating (or kissing) I wouldn't recommend wearing this shade because it will probably end up smudged around your face!

So far I've managed to stop myself buying new lipsticks but I'm sure that won't last for long! If you have any fall, bold lipstick recommendations I would love to hear about what you've been loving this season and what I should pick up next.

Talk soon,
Mercedes 


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Total Pageviews

Gadgets By Spice Up Your Blog